From: Brock Peabody (brock.peabody_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-04 23:19:26

I'm trying to build a library where the user provides a list of functions
objects (or plain functions) and I need to extract the argument information
from the types of these functions. Am I correct in believing that there is
no generic way to do that with function objects?

It will be easy to extract the signature from the boost::function objects,
but I can't figure out how to extract argument information from function
objects created by boost::bind. Is it possible?

I guess it wouldn't be too hard to fall back on the old STL style typedefs
(first_argument_type, second_argument_type) when possible and require the
user to wrap functions with more parameters in a boost::function object
otherwise.

Would it be desirable to make the proposed function_types library work on
function objects whose argument information can be queried, like the
result_of template does for return types?

Thanks,
Brock