From: Joel (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-06 08:38:13

Guillaume Melquiond wrote:
> Le mercredi 06 avril 2005 à 19:36 +0800, Joel a écrit :
>
>>kalin wrote:
>>

>>>I've not tracked the variations for each vote in the logo, it would
>>>be too hard to determine a winner if each variation counted as a
>>>seperate entity - since they're mostly similar enough to be the same.
>>
>>That's correct. You should not track the variations in the tallies.
>>We can take the variation into consideration after we find the
>>winning entry. We can then do a simple tally to find out which
>>variation of the winning entry won.
>

> Shouldn't the entry 38 and 39 of the contest be merged then? The only
> difference between them are the four dots, I don't think it is fair to
> split the votes between the two of them, and not between the variations
> of other logos.

Well, Simeon sent them as individual entries. I posted the entries
as-is as sent by the submitter.

However, for the sake of fairness, I think I agree. For that matter,
I think some of the logos need to be considered as individual
entries with variations. This includes: (3, 4 and 5), (19 and 20),
(38 and 39, as mentioned) and (80, 81 and 82).

Comments? Objections?

<<My, this contest was not as simple as it seemed at first :P>>

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman
http://www.boost-consulting.com