From: christopher diggins (cdiggins_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-06 12:05:07
Still today, what variations should be merged has not been fully agreed
upon. A continually changing ballot is neither fair nor accurate. In order
to try and get this process out of the mud I propose we hold a new vote,
with the following conditions (these are simply suggestions for guidelines
this so that we have something to work with, I don't care if it is followed
1) we agree for once and for all what the "variations" are, (it should be
pretty obvious now)
2) the new list is posted with new numbers (and in order!), but *no*
distinction is made for the variations (i.e. a ballot does not contain 51a,
3) the precise variation is chosen once a winner is chosen by the group
working in conjunction with the logo maker. Just like what happens after a
boost library is accepted for inclusion.
4) I think we should start the vote next monday, and go until friday.
5) new logo submissions can be enterered until sunday at midnight
6) the tally should not be displayed while the vote is going on.
7) votes can not be revised
8) ballots are made in the form readable by Jason Hise's computer program
9) the votes will be posted on line immediately after the vote closes, so
that whoever is impatient like me, can do their own preemptive tally.
Joel and Kalin has put a lot of effort into the vote up to now and are fair
and open-minded. I suggest we elect them as cheerful benevolent dictators of
the revised voting process. I think some leadership would make things work a
little more smoothly. In other words, they will decide on the new voting
guidelines with or without input from the community at their own
disgression. Or they may choose not to, such being the nature of a
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk