From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-06 17:41:56

"Andras Erdei" <aerdei_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

> my guess on the major usage of rational<> would be people burnt by floats
> making CAD, image processing, signal processing, statistical etc
> applications

One of the rational<> issues is "Should it be standardized?"

The LWG looked at rational<> for TR1, and decided that it would make more
sense to consider it later, when a big int class was available. There is now
a proposed big int class, so the rational<> question may come up again.

One of the questions that the LWG will as is "Are there enough real-world
uses to justify the addition of rational<> to the Standard Library?"

Thus it might be helpful if real-world users (if any) of boost::rational
would occasionally make themselves known.

--Beman