From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-06 23:57:35

Joel <joel_at_[hidden]> writes:

> David Abrahams wrote:
>> Joel <joel_at_[hidden]> writes:
>>
>>>Comments? Objections?
>>>
>>><<My, this contest was not as simple as it seemed at first :P>>
>> This doesn't directly address the issue, You may not remember this
>> but
>> there was a growing consensus at the end of the contest that we
>> probably ought to try again given everything we had learned... as such
>> I didn't bother to send you my revised votes. I don't know if there
>> are any others in this category, but I would certainly vote
>> differently now that the commentary is over, and if there is any
>> chance the result will "stick" I probably should have paid more
>> attention to the revised vote thing. Too late?
>
> Never too late.
>
> I take it that you want a new vote for this round to take into
> consideration the discussions we had here?

You offered to accept new votes for people who had already voted but
who changed their minds due to discussions after their votes were
cast. I never sent you mine; that's all.

> If that is the concensus, so be it. I think Christopher's voting
> procedures are sound except for the acceptance of new entries. I
> think we should reserve that for the second round. I am also all for
> holding a second contest given everything we had learned so far.
>
> I was under the impression that we continue with this round
> and hold a second round immediately after.

That was my understanding too.

> There's nothing stated in the logo page that the winning logo will
> replace the current logo anyway, so we have a free hand on what to
> do with it as long as the promised prize is awarded.
>
> I move that we all give the Boost founders (Beman, Dave, etc)
> the absolute right to decide on whether to accept or reject
> the winning logo of the first (and subsequent) rounds as a
> replacement of the current. They deserve that right.

I think it would be much clearer to say "the Boost moderators," if you
want to do something like that. "The founders" are an amorphous
group, many of whom aren't even around Boost anymore.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting