From: Daniel James (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-10 08:01:19

I've just checked in an attempt at supporting built-in arrays in
boost::hash. It's not great and I might remove it before Friday. My main
problem was that overloading hash_value for both T* and T[Size] causes
ambiguity - so I implemented it using partial specialization of
call_hash. (If anyone knows how to correctly implement the overload,
preferably without SFINAE, let me know, although I'll spend some time
looking into it if I can find the time).

So I implemented it using partial specialization of
hash_detail::call_hash. This breaks the specification of
boost::hash_combine, which is specified in terms of boost::hash_value -
but boost::hash_value is not overloaded for built in arrays.

So it might be a good idea to change it so that it's specified in terms
of boost::hash. In a way, I prefer this, since users should never really
call hash_value directly and I think the documentation should reinforce
this. Any thoughts Peter?

Daniel