From: Rob Stewart (stewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-12 12:04:56

From: Rene Rivera <grafik.list_at_[hidden]>

> OK I've done more changes/improvements. It's now a fluid layout. Since
> no one except Dave had suggestions on what to I went with his idea of
> two (mostly equal) columns. In this case the left is fluid the right is
> fixed.

There's a lot I like, and I appreciate your attention to this
effort. There are, however, some things I don't:

- The two-column navbar takes a lot of space. If your browser is
  narrow for whatever reason, the navbar dominates.

- If your browser window is sufficiently narrow, the section
  based approach separates the sections of the navbar from one
  another. Therefore, instead of this layout:

   text1 navbar1
   text1

   text2 navbar2
   text2

   text3 navbar3
   text3

  I'd like this layout:

   text1 navbar1
   text1 navbar2
         navbar3
   text2
   text2

   text3
   text3

- Why not put some of the navbar links in drop-down hotspots or
  buttons across the top? That would reduce the number of links
  that need to be presented in the right side navbar.

- If you keep the two-column navbar, then the
  Boost/Documentation/Mailing Lists list box for search should be
  alongside the search input box. It looks odd with the search
  input, list box, and Google logo stacked one above the other.