From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-15 11:05:15

My experience in this regard is surprising to me.

One of my motivations for writing the serialization library and getting it
accepted into boost was to add this to resume. I work as a contract
software developer and I felt this would be helpful in getting more work.
Eventually, I was successful in this quest and was pleased to add this to my
list of projects being completed. This was expecially true due to the
excruciatingly picky standards imposed by the peer review process. When
talking with prospective customers, I'm please to point to the boost
serialization library as a recent accomplishment.

I'm amazed to discover that in only ONE single case have any of the
programmers, managers, etc ever even heard of boost. This group even
includes an ex head of the computer science department at a top tier
university !!!

When I first came upon boost, I was agog at the possibilities it opened up.
The utiliy and power of the whole was blindingly obvious to to me. As I get
older, I feel more and more disconnected from the rest of to programming
world.

I don't really have a point here - I just felt like responding.

oh well.

Robert Ramey