From: Andy Little (andy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-16 09:44:19

"Rogier van Dalen" <rogiervd_at_[hidden]> wrote

> I find installing Boost is pretty easy; but as long as one hasn't
> tried it yet, Boost may look scarily big.

 There has been talk before
> on something like "Boost Light". Combining concerns #1 and #2,
> wouldn't it be a good idea to supply a small subset of boost
> consisting of header-only libraries only?

I would have thought a system such as r.p.m / windows installer could be used.
Is the requirement not just a remote version of the functionality of bcp ?. Tie
this in to the http://www.boost.org/libs/libraries.htm with a suitable
installer and it would certainly attract casual users.

Perhaps this represents dumbing down ?

regards
Andy Little