From: Peder Holt (peder.holt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-17 15:13:14

On 4/17/05, Arkadiy Vertleyb <vertleyb_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> "Joe Gottman" <jgottman_at_[hidden]> wrote
>
> > > http://boost-sandbox.sourceforge.net/vault/, typeof.zip.
> > There are three other typeof-related files in the vault:
> typeof_ctc.zip,
> > typeof_internals.htm.zip, and typeof_iterator.zip. Will these also be
> part
> > of the review?
>
> This is the only file included into the oficial submission. The "Typeof
> internals" paper is included with it
> (libs/typeof/doc/compliant/typeof_internals.htm).
>
> The "Drop-in replacement for mpl::vector using compile time constants " is,
> I think, no longer relevant, since I worked around the GCC performance
> problem without "compile time constants", but this is really a question to
> Peder.

I agree that it is no longer relevant. It has been removed.

> The iterator registration is a question where Peder and I don't have a
> consensus, so it's left out. It can be discussed during the review as
> something that can possibly be added, but it's not a part of the oficial
> submission.

One of the major tasks solved by this implementation, was to add
support for template nested class registration (required in order to
register dinkumware stl-iterators) The new typeof techniques for VC
compilers makes this approach redundant (except for VC8)
Even so, this may still be useful for other compilers, so I'll leave it.

Regards,
Peder.