From: Martin Bonner (martin.bonner_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-19 10:41:51

----Original Message----
From: Victor A. Wagner Jr. [mailto:vawjr_at_[hidden]]
Sent: 19 April 2005 16:03
To: boost_at_[hidden]
Subject: Re: [boost] Re: Boost to the rescue

> I've been using 7.1 since it became available, and haven't
> bumped into any optimization problems, and we compile debug with
> none, and about everything we can find to turn on in release.
> Granted there are only 4 of us, but I don't recall any gotchas.

I have. We compile "minimize size", and when bitshifting it gets things
wrong. We have found this twice (the first time confirmed by Microsoft),
and have had to revert to releasing the existing product with VC5 (Yes: 5
not 6. We never upgraded to VC6 because it was expensive, a resource hog,
didn't seem to offer many new features, and a change to how #import work
broke huge swathes of our code).

--
Martin Bonner
Martin.Bonner_at_[hidden]