From: Brian Braatz (brianb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-19 10:47:25

General 2 cents:

About a year ago I built a library for internal use along the lines
being discussed in this thread.

(for the curious what I did was hook logging and tracing to the
Precondition and postcondition)

After I got it all done, I said to myself, OK I am now going to USE this
code and abide by it's rules.

I found that very difficult to do, because of my OWN difficulties in
doing that I have shelved this library for our internal usage. (i.e from
a practical nature it would be hard to get people (myself included) to
continue to use it)

I ask the people thinking about this lib, to sit down and try to write
10 or so functions and get a sense for if you would actually USE it.

I am not trying to be a downer, more I am sharing my experience.

There may be a place for this lib in the same regard as scope guards are
used. Scope guards are nice when you need them, but you don't need them
everywhere....