From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-20 04:15:10

Hi Vladislav,

> Good day, guys. I am new to boost and have some qestion concerns
> boost::program_options library. I've wrote a simple program (see code
> below), and when I trying to pass multiple '--help' option to the program,
> it throws exception with reason "multiple_occurrences". This exception
> reason may confuse the end-user, I wanna get some more pretty error
> description.
>
> So, I have only 2 solutions:
>
> 1) Prase exception reason and give a user more informative/pretty
> description. 2) Refactor boost::program_options to enable it to throw
> exceptions with informative reason.

The second approach is clearly better. Even adding passing the name of the
duplicate option to the message would help. Are you willing to code this
change?

> I need a hint from professional. BTW, how can I contribute to
> boost::program_options?

Just by sending patches to this list ;-) Or more speicifcally, the output of
"cvs diff -u boost/program_options libs/program_options".

Thanks,
Volodya