From: Mathew Robertson (mathew.robertson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-21 20:56:29

> On 4/21/05, zlf <zlfcn_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Manually refactor C++ program is anonying and inefficient. Who can tell
> > me some refactoring tool working on C++ code. I have searched google, but
> > nothing valuable found:(

I have always considered refactoring to be a design decision -> its not something that can be automated.

eg: the choice of whether a class member should be in each child class vs being in a parent class, should be a design choice.

Likewise, the choice of aggregate vs inheritance is a design choice -> I couldn't ever see how a refactoring tool could help...

regards,
Mathew