From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-21 20:58:58

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 15:35:30 -0700, Victor A. Wagner Jr. wrote

> >Comments?
>
> that's a plan I could easily support. BTW, it would be "nice" when
> we're all set up if we could make "regular boost" a part of the
> sandbox...so we could get everything with one update... or some
> mechanism for doing that.

Interesting. If there is a way we could set up the subversion branches to
allow sandbox/beta libraries to be optionally available it could open up a
whole new approach to library development where we give access to new authors
before the review and allow them to develop libraries 'right in place'. And
reviewers/regression testers could get the new libraries much earlier in the
development cycle. I know nothing about how this might be accomplished with
subversion branching, but I think it would be a huge win if we could make it
work.

Jeff