From: Boris (boris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-24 09:28:22

Giovanni P. Deretta wrote:
> [...] I've have seen that the current consens is to encode the the stream
> type in the address, so to allow a dynamic behaviour: the actual
> transport is selected only at runtime, based on the address string. I
> think

Michel Andre asked a similar question about template based or
inheritance/interface based approach (see
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/121983 and scroll down)
and got only one answer (that was mine). I don't see much of a consensus but
lots of ideas. There is no general consensus so far about the package
structure of the whole network library. So there can't be any consensus
about how different packages look inside. So let us do this step first
before we do the second please.

Boris