From: Joel (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-25 07:57:49

John Maddock wrote:
>>> I'm afraid they are on the HEAD branch..
>>>
>>> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/boost/boost/more/logo_images/
>

> Oh, shucks.
>
>>> Which is why Stefan asked. Perhaps it was an unintentional commit?
>>

>> I was just following procedure here:
>> http://www.boost.org/more/updating_the_website.html
>>
>> It's not clear what one should do if something needs to be placed in
>> the website but not intended to be released. Ultimately, I can simply
>> remove it from the RC branch whenever we get to it, so I do not see
>> why there's a big fuss. If it's the size of the CVS update you are
>> concerned with, then probably the right thing to do is to clarify the
>> procedure for making updates to the boost website content. Again, I
>> am just following procedure.
>

> I see what you mean, I guess this was a special case when the rules
> should have been broken :-)

Sorry. I'm not good at breaking the rules.

> Maybe we could move the logos into a cvs branch, and remove them from
> cvs-HEAD: there's no real reason why folks should download them if they
> just want a cvs copy (Boost's big enough as it is).

Done. It's been removed from the HEAD. I also removed all the
accompanying files and stuff. It's been placed in a separate
branch. I also made the link to it absolute so the entry in the news
section will point to http://www.boost.org/more/logo_contest.htm
instead of relative to the html page.

Regards,

--