From: Bronek Kozicki (brok_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-25 16:12:50

Daniel James wrote:
> Peter Dimov wrote:
>
>> There isn't much point testing with Comeau otherwise; the idea is to
>> use its strictness to find bugs that other compilers miss.
>
> Would intel in strict mode serve the same purpose?

I do not think so; but (assuming current Intel toolsets are not running
in strict mode) I think that it could be beneficial to have one more
toolset for Intel, recent version, running in strict mode. The more
compilers see the code, the better chance to find a bug. But this opens
question - who will run regression tests for this toolset?

B.