From: Victor A. Wagner Jr. (vawjr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-25 22:36:57

At Monday 2005-04-25 18:48, Iain K. Hanson wrote:
>On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 03:22:13AM +0300, Boris wrote:
>
> > You apparently didn't read the part where I wrote that I made a false
> > assumption. Not everyone can be a genius.
>
>Boris, my comments were not aimed at you personally but at everyone on
>this and
>related threads.
>
>In networking, there is no encapsulation and layering is only an abstract
>concept.
>
>People who don't understand this intrinsically realy don't understand what a
>network library needs to be about.

when we finally get around to making the network behave like a telephone,
where I can "call" a destination (an application on another system) and
stream stuff both ways, _then_ the network library will be done. Until
then, it's just a bunch of people talking about how difficult it is and how
nobody understands.