From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-26 09:44:59

Thorsten Ottosen writes:
>> Don't worry; I'll propose this as part óf my submission of
>> boost.range.
>
> > Please be sure to coordinate with other people who worked/are working
> > on the topic, then. See
> > http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/120408/, for
> > instance. This is way too important to allow a false start, IMO.
>
> Well, I'm not proposing new iterator concepts, although David and Dietmar
> might be.

FWIW, the cited posting is not about "new iterator concepts". It
discusses building a proper algorithm dispatch scheme, which is
central to any library that introduces overloading of algorithm
names.

> That said, Ranges pretty much follow whatever iterator categories
> that exists.
>
> I won't have time to look into this stuff for some time. If you feel
> its important, go do the work.

Please read more carefully what I said. It's important to get this
right, not to get it into standard ASAP.

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy
MetaCommunications Engineering