From: Comeau Computing (comeau_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-26 09:50:00

At 11:09 AM 4/26/2005 +0100, Bronek Kozicki wrote:
>....Como compiler (current version) does not
>support DLLs, and this is what makes Boost.Thread inacessible to como
>toolset. I have a reason to believe that next version of como compiler
>(due soon) will support DLLs.

Yes, there's a few kind of catch-22 situations going on. In short, yes,
we've finally(!) begun official support of Windows programming and some
minimal support has been added for use with VC++ as a backend, but does not
yet include support of DLLs. Whether that can get into the next release or
not is still up in the air. Existing licensees can get an alpha version of
what is currently available. The plan is: minimal support, then full
support incl DLLs, then some still to be determined special strict mode /
Windows mode combo, then said for as many additional backends as
possible/makes sense.

- Greg

-------
Comeau C/C++ 4.3.3: Watch for our Mac port
Comeau C/C++ with Dinkumware's Libraries. Have you tried it?
comeau_at_[hidden] http://www.comeaucomputing.com