From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-26 11:22:06

"Thorsten Ottosen" <nesotto_at_[hidden]> writes:

> "David Abrahams" <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> | "Thorsten Ottosen" <nesotto_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> | > I would really hate to redo my corrections twice.
> |
> | What corrections?

How would changes to Boost.Parameter, which none of your code depends
on, cause you to make any corrections at all?

> If I understand this correctly, then there will exists two branches
> and any patch to one of them would need to go into the other too.

The policy for this release is that there is the HEAD, which is stable
during the release period, and additionally, as many branches as a
library author desires in order to do his/her own parallel
development. The only reason to touch the HEAD and a branch at the
same time is to introduce a *fix* to the release and also have it for
testing the parallel development branch. If the HEAD is in pretty
good shape to begin with, that won't be necessary often; normally
after release you just merge any branches you want to continue with
into the HEAD in one step.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting