From: Jason Hise (chaos_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-26 20:45:33

John Maddock wrote:

>> I don't understand what 3 might entail. Are these fixes to
>> aligned_storage already done, and how can they possibly cause clients
>> to require being patched?
>

> They're only done in the sense that for a while we had two
> aligned_storage classes in cvs: a strictly conforming TR1 version and
> the old version: I removed the new version just to get things working
> again, after consultation with Eric Friedman the plan was to deprecate
> the old version eventually. However.... on reflection it's too close
> to release, so I'll do what Peter suggested, and just make sure that
> aligned_storage::type conforms to the TR, even though aligned_storage
> itself contains all kinds of "enhancements". That won't affect any
> existing code BTW.

Right now, the following code will not compile for me:
typename aligned_storage < sizeof ( MyClass ) >::type storage;
this was formerly:
aligned_storage < sizeof ( MyClass ) > storage;
but I added the ::type after reading the above message. Am I doing
something wrong, or do I just need an up to date version of the library?

I am using VC 7.1 and get the error:
error C2039: 'MyClass' : is not a member of 'boost::aligned_storage<size_>'

-Jason