From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-27 04:57:42

> Right now, the following code will not compile for me:
> typename aligned_storage < sizeof ( MyClass ) >::type storage;
> this was formerly:
> aligned_storage < sizeof ( MyClass ) > storage;
> but I added the ::type after reading the above message. Am I doing
> something wrong, or do I just need an up to date version of the library?
>
> I am using VC 7.1 and get the error:
> error C2039: 'MyClass' : is not a member of
> 'boost::aligned_storage<size_>'

OK, lets take this a step at a time:

1) You didn't need to change anything, the whole point was that no existing
code should break.
2) The code you posted above should non-the-less compile. Are you using the
latest cvs? The error message also looks strange: 'MyClass' is not a member
of aligned_storage after all! Can you double check there are no obvious
typos in your code? Can you check that the latest aligned_storage_test.cpp
in libs/type_traits/test compiles for you? And if all else fails mail me a
test case and I'll look into it.

HTH,

John.