From: Iain K. Hanson (iain.hanson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-27 07:55:14

On Tue, 2005-04-26 at 12:55 -0400, Rob Stewart wrote:
> From: "Iain K. Hanson" <ikh_at_[hidden]>
> >
> > Boris, my comments were not aimed at you personally but at everyone on this and
> > related threads.
> >
> > In networking, there is no encapsulation and layering is only an abstract
> > concept.
> >
> > People who don't understand this intrinsically realy don't understand what a
> > network library needs to be about.
>
> Instead of attacking, why don't you help? If you think someone
> needs more information in order to correctly assist in developing
> the library, give some information or pointers to information
> that will help them.
>
> Your recent posts turn me off to participating in the thread,
> regardless of whether I can offer anything you and others might
> find useful.

The point I was trying to make is that while you can have encapsulation
and information hiding in C++. These do not really exist in network
programming. You have to be aware of *all* of the protocols that sit
beneath you or they will come up and bite you.

Unfortunately, my tolerance for teaching networking 101 is limited.

/ikh

This email has been scanned for all known viruses by the MessageLabs Email
Security System.