From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-01 21:00:13

On Sun, 1 May 2005 15:06:22 -0600, Jonathan Turkanis wrote
> It uses a neat trick to avoid specifying the return type of bind or
> lambda expressions. A version of ScopeGuard exists as an
> implementation detail of multi_index. Previously, I had used a
> ScopeGuard in iostreams, and was planning to move it to
> boost/detail. Unfortunately it caused problems with borland 5.x,
> Metrowerks 8.3 and VC6, so I excised it.

Yet more wreakage from legacy compilers. Hate to rediscuss this issue again,
but I really think 1.33 needs to be the end of the line for these
non-compliant compilers. Imagine the regression testing cycles and
intellectual energy that will be saved by abondoning porting libraries to
these non-compliant compilers.

Jeff