From: David Sankel (camior_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-05 04:13:35

    * What is your evaluation of the design?

Excellent. Certainly the best Singleton library I've seen. The ability
to change the memory model (dynamic/static) easily is an especially
nice feature.

    * What is your evaluation of the implementation?

I didn't have a deep look.

    * What is your evaluation of the documentation?

Good.

    * What is your evaluation of the potential usefulness of the library?

As we've all used singletons before, this is potentially very useful.
However, I cannot see any wide-spread use for the multiton library.
While an interesting idea, the mutiton would be better implemented as
a map<string,object> for runtime or just shared variables at
compile-time. These options are more flexible from the get-go.

    * Did you try to use the library? With what compiler? Did you
have any problems?

Nope, didn't try it.

    * How much effort did you put into your evaluation? A glance? A
quick reading? In-depth study?

I did an In-depth study of the documentation and interfaces.

    * Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain?

Yes, for several large code-bases I architect, singletons are integral
to the design.

    * Do you think the library should be accepted as a Boost library?
Be sure to say this explicitly so that your other comments don't
obscure your overall opinion.

I do think it should be accepted, but without the multiton part.

David J. Sankel