From: Jonathan Wakely (cow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-05 06:24:08

On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 10:43:36PM +0200, Thorsten Ottosen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I look at something like
>
> http://tinyurl.com/9v2as
>
> I assume the error is not in my library. Should/Can we do anything to fix it?

A number of tests have this error when running with _GLIBCXX_DEBUG:
http://www.redi.uklinux.net/src/boost/status/cs-Linux-links.html#assign-multi_index_container-gcc-debug-mode

That is because there is a fwd decl of a std type, which causes problems
in debug mode since std::vector is really declared in another namespace
and pulled into std with GCC's "strong using" extension.

You can fix the problem by not using the fwd decl if _GLIBCXX_DEBUG (or
_GLIBCPP_DEBUG for GCC 3.3) is defined. Just include the relevant
header instead of the fwd decl (if someone's running with debug mode on
they are concerned about performance, since debug mode violates the
performance guarantess of the std lib anyway)

I reported a similar problem, and fix, in the lambda lib here:
http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/boost/msg81667.php
I'll repost that, since it's not been picked up by anyone.

jon

--
Those who taste, know
	- Sufi saying