From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-05 08:43:17

"Dave Harris" <brangdon_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden] (Gennadiy Rozental) wrote (abridged):
>> The only two negative reviews based their rejection on principle:
>> "Macros are evil and so should not be used". While this maybe
>> interesting point in itself, as I see things now, boost practice
>> supports using macros where necessary and macro nature of the tool
>> could not be a compelling enough reason to reject the submission.
>
> For the record, my review was negative and was not based on that
> principle. I agree with the boost policy of using macros where necessary.
>
> I rejected it because it is an overly complex solution to a simple
> non-problem.

If I am not mistaken you believe that using macro is adding complexity,
while many others reported this facility actually simplify their life. So I
still consider you disagree in principle: "macros adding complexity;
nonmacro alternative will always be simpler". While this is discussible
position, I did not see you prove you point enough to reject a submission.

Gennadiy