From: Thorsten Ottosen (nesotto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-10 13:06:27

"Pavel Chikulaev" <pavel.chikulaev_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
| Thorsten,
|
| Now, when we got rid of ptr_iterators, we don't need indirect_fun, do we?
| At least as part of ptr_container library?

you might still need it if you do

std::sort( vec.begin().base(), vec.end().base(),
void_ptr_indirect_fun<std::less<T>,T>() );

but I would like to see the stuff being put into a better maintained utility
if somebody is volunteering.

| P.S. About copyability: may be then provide some cloning mechanism like:
|
| ptr_vector<int> a;
| ptr_vector<int> b(a.clone());
| b = a.clone();
|
| Where ptr_vector<T>::clone doesn't create clone immeadiately, but returns
some
| object that refers to this, and ptr_vector<T> has ctor and assignment
operator
| taking that object.
|
| Thoughts?

I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve. and when is the clone then
created?

-Thorsten