From: Neb Naic (niacneb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-10 14:48:07

Hello,

I have an application that I need to both embed and
extend Python. The Python portion is actually an
existing plotting utility that I’m trying to leverage
in a legacy C++/OpenGL application.

The Boost.Python tutorial has helped me successfully
expose my C++ classes to Python. However, I’m having
difficulty embedding the Python – accessing Python
interfaces from C++. The tutorial examples seem to
lean toward embedding Python statements rather than
actually addressing interface issues (IMHO).

Assuming the Python code to embed is in its own file
(not actually embedding Python statements), does
Boost.Python provide an encapsulated class or
functional interface? Documentation/examples?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
  Niac