From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-11 10:41:29

> I'm delighted to see boost test is evolving.
>
> What is the state of revisions to the documentation and test examples as
> personally I am finding it quite hard going to look around the code and
> discover the changes from 1.32 that will make unit testing somewhat
> simpler.

If you see a need for more examples feel free to submit one. I am ready to
incorporate them.

> I found Noel Lopis' unit test framework discussion document and subsequent
> review/discussion about boost test here to be very useful and am keen to
> use the results of your hard work!

I think I managed to satisfy all of the requirements we discussed.

> I've looked at the latest CVS and can't find any updated 1.33 document
> release notes (your post here is a good start however.) or other guides to
> new functionality. Given the imminent release of 1.33 do you have plans
> for updating the documentation prior to 1.33? [It may be I simply haven't
> found it yet!]

Yeah. I know. I know. I am trying to catch this train, while conductor
announces next station. Good news is that interfaces did not change much.
Bad news is that I really out of free time. I'll do my best.

> Given the Test library's importance to Boost and software development in
> general, is this major evolution of the design one that warrants a
> re-review?

I don't know about full review, but In general it may be a good idea.
Unfortunately by the time it will be reviewed it's going to be 1.35 already.

> In particular, while I understand the need to reduce dependencies on the
> rest of Boost, there seem to be several instances of the creation of
> largely equivalent functionality. Would it be better to leverage the work
> of others and note the dependencies?

In some cases (like callback) I expect to switch to use tr1 version. In
other cases (like runtime params framework and named function params) I do
not see it (promoting) happening. Unless there is a general interest for
this.

Gennadiy