From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-16 14:32:56

Pavol Droba wrote:

>>> I prefer the string view too.
>>
>>I just have one thing to say: vector<bool>.
>>

> Pardon me, but somehow I cannot figure out the point here. Can you please
> explain the me the connection to vector<bool>

vector<bool> creates all kinds of problems because generic code can't
make assumptions about the behavior of vector<T>. vector<bool> is widely
regarded as a Bad Move. Dave is saying that treating char[] different
than, say, int[] is inviting the same sorts of problems. It will make it
difficult to deal with T[] in generic code.

I agree with Dave.

--
Eric Niebler
Boost Consulting