From: Victor A. Wagner Jr. (vawjr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-16 14:48:21

At 15:32 2005-05-15, you wrote:
>"Victor A. Wagner Jr." <vawjr_at_[hidden]> writes:

> >>Hopefully most of these are fixed now.

> >>These are all configuration errors. The testers should check their
> >>configuration variables. Unfortunately I don't know how to see the
> >>commands they used to invoke bjam or their environment variables
> >
> > PYTHON_ROOT=C:\Python24
> > PYTHON_VERSION=2.4
> >
> > and as I commented previously, I cannot run args.py
> > C:\Projects\boost\libs\python\test>python args.py
> > running...
> > File "args.py", line 5, in __main__
> > Failed example:
> > from args_ext import *
> > Exception raised:
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> > File "C:\Python24\lib\doctest.py", line 1243, in __run
> > compileflags, 1) in test.globs
> > File "<doctest __main__[0]>", line 1, in ?
> > from args_ext import *
> > ImportError: No module named args_ext
> >
> > and on and on and on for many of the lines bounded by the """ ..... """
> > If I remove what appear to be comments, it runs fine
>
>Not a big surprise. Those aren't comments; those are the test cases
>;-)
>
> """ ... """
>
>is just one way of writing strings in Python. Strings on the first
>line of a function body become documentation, but this string is not
>that.
>
>The problem is that one of the DLL dependencies of the .pyd file
>(really a dynamically loaded DLL) that gets built is not in the PATH.
>For VC8 there's a horrible problem finding MSVC80P.DLL. See
>http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=9805 for more
>information. I managed to get things to build by tracking down the
>file and doing the build explicitly and doing
>
> set
> PATH=c:/windows/WinSxS/x86_Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50215.4652_x-ww_a12cf373/;%PATH%
>
>before firing up bjam. Of course, it will probably be in some other
>subdirectory of C:\Windows\WinSxS on your machine.

added
C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50215.4652_x-ww_a12cf373
to my system path (so all users would access it) and it apparently made no
difference in my tests
yes, I looked fro the file and pasted the directory name in rather than
using the one that worked on your machine, apparently it's in the same
place on mine.