From: Thorsten Ottosen (nesotto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-17 14:36:00

"dan marsden" <danmarsden_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

| > what's wrong with using boost::array<char,N> for all
| > this?
| >
| > -Thorsten
| >
| If boost::array<char,N> is not going to behave the
| same at char[N] in this respect surely that is counter
| intuitive?

maybe.

is it counter intuitive that

char arr[] = "foo";

doesn't need array bounds, but

boost::array<char,4> = "foo";

does?

Anyway, that wasn't my point. My point was that
it is really easy to get the array behavior if you want it.

The only part missing is direct support in the range library
to trigger array behavior for range arguments, say as_array().

| Wasn't there a fixed string type under consideration
| that could be applied the opposite way?

don't know.

-Thorsten