From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-19 08:05:09

Rene Rivera wrote:
> Joel de Guzman wrote:
>
>> Rene Rivera wrote:
>>
>>> Cool.. Just reran the test:
>>>
>>> 13 files with invalid line endings
>>> 0 bookmarks with invalid characters
>>> 0 invalid urls
>>> 170 broken links
>>> 40 unlinked files
>>> 21 file names too long
>>> 71 files with tabs
>>> 25 violations of the Boost min/max guidelines
>>>
>>> Bad thing is that many of the EOL problems are in headers.. Very bad
>>> as it causes numerous errors for some compilers!
>>>
>>> http://www.boost.org/regression-logs/inspection_report.html
>

>> spirit:
>>
>> libs/spirit/change_log.html: unlinked file
>>
>> But this is intentional. This is meant only as a stand alone
>> documentation. What should I do about this?
>

> Two options: a) ignore the issue, after all these are only suggestions
> at the end; b) add a link to it from someplace in the spirit docs, after
> all how will users find the file otherwise?

It's traditionally only a readme file for developers only. A snapshot
of which is (again traditionally) linked in the Spirit front page
at http://spirit.sf.net on each significant release. This is the
same as boost's Latest News section where libraries list the changes
per release.

>> libs/spirit/test/escape_char_parser_tests.cpp: violation of Boost
>> min/max guidelines on line 167, violation of Boost min/max guidelines
>> on line 180
>>
>> Sorry, what's the violation here? And where are the guidelines?
>>
>> assert(wc == std::numeric_limits<wchar_t>::max());
>

> I think it would be:
>
> assert(wc == (std::numeric_limits<wchar_t>::max)());
>
> It's one of the items in:
>
> http://www.boost.org/more/lib_guide.htm#Design_and_Programming

Darn! Forgetful me! I remember now doing some of the same tweaks
once before.

Thanks!

Regards,

--