From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-18 23:02:27

Joel de Guzman wrote:
> Rene Rivera wrote:
>
>> Cool.. Just reran the test:
>>
>> 13 files with invalid line endings
>> 0 bookmarks with invalid characters
>> 0 invalid urls
>> 170 broken links
>> 40 unlinked files
>> 21 file names too long
>> 71 files with tabs
>> 25 violations of the Boost min/max guidelines
>>
>> Bad thing is that many of the EOL problems are in headers.. Very bad
>> as it causes numerous errors for some compilers!
>>
>> http://www.boost.org/regression-logs/inspection_report.html

> spirit:
>
> libs/spirit/change_log.html: unlinked file
>
> But this is intentional. This is meant only as a stand alone
> documentation. What should I do about this?

Two options: a) ignore the issue, after all these are only suggestions
at the end; b) add a link to it from someplace in the spirit docs, after
all how will users find the file otherwise?

> libs/spirit/test/escape_char_parser_tests.cpp: violation of Boost
> min/max guidelines on line 167, violation of Boost min/max guidelines on
> line 180
>
> Sorry, what's the violation here? And where are the guidelines?
>
> assert(wc == std::numeric_limits<wchar_t>::max());

I think it would be:

assert(wc == (std::numeric_limits<wchar_t>::max)());

It's one of the items in:

http://www.boost.org/more/lib_guide.htm#Design_and_Programming

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything