From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-20 20:49:12

I have one more thing I want to address.

I've checked in shared_ptr serialization which uses a new approach. This
reconciles different view points on this topic. The new version passes all
tests on most compilers.

The problem is that I want to add code that will handle the previous pointer
version. My concern is that users might want to use 1.33 to read archives
created under 1.32 and without this addition this won't be possible. I
presume that some numbers of people would be effected by such a situation.
If not I could just forget it.

Robert Ramey