From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-21 05:15:13

> The problem is that I want to add code that will handle the previous
> pointer
> version. My concern is that users might want to use 1.33 to read archives
> created under 1.32 and without this addition this won't be possible. I
> presume that some numbers of people would be effected by such a situation.
> If not I could just forget it.

I would guess that most people would view the ability to read archives
created with 1.32 as more or less vital, just my 2c worth...

I don't really see fixing this as an addition, more like fixing a
regression, as long is doesn't hold up the release of course! If the latter
is likely, then delay until after the release, and then release a patch
against 1.33: maybe put a note in the 1.33 docs that a patch is imminent,
but didn't make the deadline etc.

John.