From: Victor A. Wagner Jr. (vawjr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-20 17:15:18

At 08:56 2005-05-20, you wrote:

> I'm trying to build from the current CVS (actually about a week
>old), and it has some weird problem with creating files and directories.
>

>When trying to build with a version of Jam from 1.32, it always falls
>over trying to create a file or directory, normally mentioning Mkdir1
>first.
>
>When trying to build the version of Jam that comes with the CVs source,
>it is able to build jam0.exe, but when it comes time to make bin.ntx86
>it fails; and if that directory exists, the jam executable is not
>created; instead an error about "spawn: No such file or directory" is
>emittted.
>
>I am using vc 7.1.

if I remember correctly, the spawn:.... happens when, for some reason, the
vcvars32.bat didn't get get called so the environment doesn't get set up
properly.

btw, exact error messges are useful for us to help track down problems, and
in many cases a few lines _before_ the error will help put things in context.