From: Joaquín Mª López Muñoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-24 04:03:26

When in GCC compatibility mode, ICC on IA64 does not support
asm statements, as shown for instance in http://tinyurl.com/7m3bd.
I've googled for this, and the references found seem to confirm this
fact.
This is currently causing countless test failures in
FFT-icc_8.1.30/intel-linux.
The proposed patch to boost/detail/sp_counted_base.hpp, though not
tested (don't have access to the environment), seems to me will solve
the
problem: basically, it disables the forwarding to the optimized
boost/detail/sp_counted_base_gcc_ia64.hpp on the circumstances
described.
OK to commit?

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo

38c38
< #elif defined( __GNUC__ ) && defined( __ia64__ )

---