From: Caleb Epstein (caleb.epstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-24 16:17:41

On 5/24/05, Gennadiy Rozental <gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> > It would be nice if the Boost.Test library maintainer could avoid
> > things that cause needless failures to appear in the tests during a
> > release.
>
> 1. They did not appear during release.

These failures appeared well BEFORE the release, and the results have
been across-the-board yellow or red for weeks now.

> > I think we've seen multiple times that this at least causes
> > Boost developers and release managers distress when it happens
>
> Does it distress you any less, when faulures in Boost.<anything else> unit
> tests happends?

Its rather alarming to see a key component of Boost that fails on
EVERY single compiler. Clearly the state of the library is not as
dire as the test results might lead one to believe, but how would
anyone know this from looking at all those red and yellow boxes?

> > and results in time wasted.
>
> What results and in what time?

The time of people who run and check the test results and try to
investigate these failures. I know I try to find and fix the odd
failure from time to time, and I'm sure others do as well.

--
Caleb Epstein
caleb dot epstein at gmail dot com