From: Paul A Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-25 09:40:41

Looks very promising for the headers only (though it doesn't mention VS 8
and to avoid being outdated soon, it probably should).

(BTW VS * Express beta 2 has the feature to set include directories removed
by mistake - so you have to edit the xml project file info as a workaround!)

And recommending a top level ./boost directory means that one will probably
blow the max recommended directory depth for recording onto CDs for backup?

And it might be better to recommend a separate partition, say D:?

And what about building the libraries with bjam ?

Or could we ship the common .lib versions pre-built for MS?
The test library is the one most people NEED.

Then we would just need to say how to copy to the MS/lib directory.

Paul

Paul A Bristow
+44 1539 561830 +44 7714 330204
mailto: pbristow_at_[hidden]