From: Jonathan Wakely (cow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-25 11:48:20

On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 05:08:49PM +0200, Hendrik Schober wrote:

> Jason Earl <Jason_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > You've probably come out with a worst case scenario
>
> Have I? So what did I do wrong to get me into
> this? I just downloaded the stuff and followed
> the guide. It seems easy to hit the worst case.

Typing the wrong thing almost every time you had to type something!
That's not a defence of the build system though.

Instead of all this quibbling about who prefers CLI and who prefers GUI,
the people who are bothered about it should help Paul come up with a
simplified guide and/or submit patches to improve the docs.

> > Despite all the errors people might get with installing, Boost does
> > have this excellent mailing list where people can quickly get the help
> > they need.

Actually, I think questions about building boost should go to the users
list, not here.

jon

--
Progress is not made by early risers.
Progress is made by lazy men looking for easier ways to do things.