From: Hubert Holin (Hubert.Holin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-26 05:46:49

Somewhere in the E.U., le 26/05/2005

   Bonjour

In article <212cfa09f0f3d173fe23caaed435abd2_at_[hidden]>,
 Doug Gregor <dgregor_at_[hidden]> wrote:

[SNIP]

> There are some CodeWarrior failures with octonions and quaternions
> (with cw-9_4 for Windows). Have you had a chance to fix these yet?
>
> Doug

      Both cw-9_4 for Windows and Intel 8.1 define symbols which trip a
supplied workaround for MSVC deficiencies about "abs" & co.:

#if BOOST_WORKAROUND(BOOST_MSVC, < 1300) || (defined(_MSC_EXTENSIONS) &&
BOOST_MSVC < 1310))

Both, however, seem to work around the deficiency, but in different
ways. I do not have access to any of these platforms, so there is not
much I can do. I will try to see if more specific symbols are defined
for these platforms and exclude them from the workaround in place, but
any suggestion is welcome.

      The gcc 4.0 & Sun situation is more problematic: the standard
library that ships with them is broken with respect to "long double" (in
these cases, "float", "double" and "long double" really are three
distinct things, and some special functions have not been coded
correctly for the highest precision one). I can either disable "long
double" support for them, relax conditions to a point where "long
double" is no better than "double" or mark these as expected failures. I
am equally unhappy with each of these. What would a preferred solution
be?

   Merci

         Hubert Holin