From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-26 07:55:59

"Paul A Bristow" <pbristow_at_[hidden]> writes:

> [...]

But so far nobody has been able to make a concrete suggestion about
how they can be improved, or even point to anything in the directions
that's misleading. For example, when I asked you where things went
wrong for you, you didn't answer.

They do look crystal clear to me. So far, they only seem to fail for
people who fail to follow the directions, IMO because they feel
they're in alien command-line territory and get flustered. Maybe we
just need a reassuring statement at the beginning.

> And they need to be TESTED for idiot-proofness by a GUI-only idiot - for
> which I am sure I am ideally qualified ;-)

I think from Schobi's post I can conclude that the response of the
build tool to badly-followed directions could be made more forgiving.

> When I get back from holiday in a weeks time, I will pick up the
> suggestions and re-offer to comment/prepare something.

That would be great, but if you could just let us know where the
instructions failed you first, it would be a big help.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting