From: Brian Braatz (brianb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-26 09:37:44

Hartmut- HI THERE!
I must say, I am excited to get the build fun over with so I can use
your extremely cool creation.

Details:
I am using V2. I am NOW much closer. I am compiling but NOT LINKING-
I have removed VC70 COMPLETELY from my box and rebuilt boost with 71
(again).
That an a using msvc : 7.1. : (path to cl.exe) in the user-config.jam
got me to compile.

Additionally, I went through and manually removed all of the references
in my LIB, INCLUDE and PATH to vc70.

This may sound extreme, but it allowed BJAM to compile (Bjam's
interaction with those ENV vars is something I don't fully know how it
works)

I am now trying to build the quick start with the VC71 IDE

My current problem is this link error:
Linking...
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
'libboost_wave-vc7-mt-gd-1_32.lib'

Build log was saved at
"file://c:\data\Irx\Irx\Arx\Main\Source\Common\Boost\V_1_32\libs\wave\sa
mples\quick_start\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
WaveQuickStart - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

The LIB I have available is 'libboost_wave-vc71-mt-gd-1_32.lib not
'libboost_wave-vc7-mt-gd-1_32.lib'. I am not sure WHY the autolinking is
trying to hit the vc70 version of the lib since I am using VC71's IDE.

(ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS?)

Additionally, I will try your suggestion below just to see what happens.

THANK YOU

Brian Braatz

Info and tips for anyone who might find this mail in the archives:

1- Try to build the spirit example FIRST, if you cant build the examples
with Spirit, you will not be able to get wave to compile
2- Remove all the references to other compilers in LIB, INCLUDE and
PATH, this seemed to clean things up for me (though this SHOULD not be
necessary I believe)
3- Maintain patience and perseverance. :)