From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-26 10:47:32

"Brian Braatz" <brianb_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Hartmut- HI THERE!
> I must say, I am excited to get the build fun over with so I can use
> your extremely cool creation.
>
> Details:
> I am using V2. I am NOW much closer. I am compiling but NOT LINKING-
> I have removed VC70 COMPLETELY from my box

That was unneccessary. Sorry you did it.

> and rebuilt boost with 71
> (again).
> That an a using msvc : 7.1. : (path to cl.exe) in the user-config.jam
> got me to compile.
>
> Additionally, I went through and manually removed all of the references
> in my LIB, INCLUDE and PATH to vc70.

Also unneccessary.

> This may sound extreme, but it allowed BJAM to compile (Bjam's
> interaction with those ENV vars is something I don't fully know how it
> works)

It doesn't interact with them.

> I am now trying to build the quick start with the VC71 IDE
>
> My current problem is this link error:
> Linking...
> LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
> 'libboost_wave-vc7-mt-gd-1_32.lib'
>
> Build log was saved at
> "file://c:\data\Irx\Irx\Arx\Main\Source\Common\Boost\V_1_32\libs\wave\sa
> mples\quick_start\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
> WaveQuickStart - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
>

> The LIB I have available is 'libboost_wave-vc71-mt-gd-1_32.lib not
> 'libboost_wave-vc7-mt-gd-1_32.lib'. I am not sure WHY the autolinking is
> trying to hit the vc70 version of the lib since I am using VC71's IDE.
>
> (ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS?)

I don't know; this looks like a possible misuse of the autolink
system by Wave, or... maybe you need to force-rebuild your entire vc71
project? If you have any object files lying around that were build
with vc70 you'll have the incorrect autolink references in them.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting