From: Jonathan Wakely (cow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-26 11:49:56

On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 12:05:09PM -0400, David Abrahams wrote:

> Rene Rivera <grafik.list_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> > Or we can have a more explicit example, i.e.:
> >
> > C:\boost-1_32_0>bjam.exe "-sTOOLS=vc-7_1" stage
> >
> > The idea being to show the context of the shell to make it clear that
> > "bjam.exe" is the program name. Unix people are familiar enough with
> > Windows to understand the above also.
>
> IMO there's no excuse for writing ".exe" there, and it will only make
> it less easy for Unix people. Make the prompt a different color and
> then we have something that really is less likely to confuse anyone.

See http://www.compsoc.man.ac.uk/~cow/tmp/getting_started.html for an
example (including the patch I'm going to submit to change the example
to use vc-7_1 not gcc)

If the prompt is included there it should also be added to all the
commands on the page, such as the chdir command just above (and the
directory names should be made consistent)

jon

--
Rules of Optimization:
Rule 1: Don't do it.