From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-26 12:30:09

"Jeff Flinn" <TriumphSprint2000_at_[hidden]> writes:

> "David Abrahams" <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>> "Jeff Flinn" <TriumphSprint2000_at_[hidden]> writes:
>>
>>> Something like this as a start?
>>>
>>> For MSVC
>>> ========
>>>
>>> Organizing boost files
>>> ======================
>>>
>>> 1) Create a main boost directory which will contain the current and
>>> future
>>> boost library verstions. For example: C:\boost
>>
>> Maybe not such a good choice considering that it's the default install
>> location for Windows? Or should we change the default (and if so, to
>> what?)
>
> Sorry, "location for Windows" has too many overloads for me to know what
> your asking here. What exactly is the problem using C:\boost?

Right now if you say

   bjam whatever install

on windows, the result is installed to c:\boost. I'm not sure it
makes a good overlap.

Of course, I've never done it myself, so I don't know what ends up in
c:\boost if you install or what the difference between install and
stage are. Rene?

Yes, go to www.sf.net and follow the directions.

--
Dave Abrahams